- You are here:
- Heritage Conservation: 19th-century Dharampur Haveli in Chandni Chowk has been painstakingly restored from tatters to an UNESCO awarded boutique hotel byover the course of six years. The project contributes to the “vision of revitalizing Shahjahanabad in all dimensions,” the UNESCO said. Read More...
- Sporting Minister: Sports talent hunt portal launched to identify budding talent, and Olympic task force for increasing medal tally in Olympic 2020. Selection of national youth awards became online and transparent. Read More...
- Mission XI: As India hosted its first FIFA U-17 World Cup, the mission was launched to reach out to 11 million schoolchildren in 29 states to popularize football among them. Grameen Khel Mahotsav, sports universities, 12 slum daud and 1000 scholarships among others. Read More...
- Common Man’s Minister in PMO: Set up a robust grievance redressal system to resolve every complaint to the Prime Minister’s Office systematically in a time-bound manner. Instructions to suspend erring officials; a large number of complaints resolved satisfactorily. Read More...
- Anti-lottery Campaign: A nine-year-long movement against a social menace that once ruined the lives of poor, downtrodden families. The campaign ended with the Government of India declaring the ban on single-digit lotteries across the country. Read More...
- Toy bank: An initiative to distribute donated toys to underprivileged kids. More than 15 lakh toys have been distributed, impacting the lives of 5 lakh+ children in 24 different states of India. Read More...
- Senior Citizens’ Welfare: Efforts to give voice to the needs of elderly citizens. Protests and workshops are held to raise their issues and spread awareness on govt. schemes and facilities provided to senior citizens. Read More...
- Chandni Chowk Revival: Recipient of numerous awards and honors for heritage conservation efforts taken in Old Delhi like restoration of Havelis, Chandni Chowk festival, walled city museum, kite-flying tournaments, heritage walks, and books on Purani Dilli among others. Read More...
- Commonwealth Games: Sports minister who brought Commonwealth Games, 2010 to India and also among the first ones to speak on CWG corruption. For the first time, PM National Sports Fund was set up to encourage youth to take up sports as a career. Read More...
One must appreciate how Vijay Goel is working so hard and looking out for all sports. One can feel the change. Best wishes!
Simply will appreciate Vijay Goel's working style, witnessed his personal attention to west Delhi - Paschim Vihar ppl even at late hours.
No cricket with Pak until terrorism stops, says sports minister Vijay Goel Finally! Kudos for a much needed call!
Vijay Goel is a national leader with wider vision and worked on the ground in Delhi.