- You are here:
- Brief Bio
Educationist, Environmentalist, Historian,
Writer, Photographer, Musician, Singer, Sportsman
Former Deputy Mayor
Former Speaker, Delhi Legislative Assembly
University of Delhi
Siddhant Goel, Son
Prime Minister’s Office
Ministry of Labour
Ministry of Youth & Sports Affairs
Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Member Standing Committed, Ministry of Home Affairs
- Member, Consultative Committee on Urban Affairs
- Member, Municipal Corporation of Delhi
- Member, Joint Parliamentary Committee
- Member, Public Accounts Committee
- Member, Governing Body, AIIMS
- Member, Advisory Committee – DDA
- Chairman, Satyawati Co-Ed. College, Delhi University
- Member, University Court
- Member Anjuman (Court) Of Jamia Millia Islamia
- Member, Univ. Court, Finance Commtt., Delhi University
- Member, Governing Body, SRCC
- Member, Governing Body, Moti Lal Nehru College
- Member, Governing Body, Laxmibai College
- President, Lok Abhiyan
- Convener, Lottery Virodhi Aandolan
- Trustee, Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, Pitampura, Delhi
- Vice President, Vaish Aggarwal Educational Society
- Convener, Bijli-Paani Andolan
- Founder, Senior Citizen Federation
- Founder, Heritage India Foundation
- Convener, Citizen Forum for Commonwealth Games
- Member Roshanara Club
- Member India International Centre
- Member India Habitat Centre
- Represented University & State in Kho-Kho [1971-73]
- Detained during emergency days under the leadership of Shri J P Narain
- Installed a statue of Swami Vivekanand in Delhi University’s main campus, as a President of Swami Vivekanand Smarak Samiti.
- Exposed fake certificates racket which was then operating In Delhi University
- Countrywide campaign for a ban against lottery
- Formed Lok Abhiyan, in 1990, to create awareness about issues of public and national importance.
- Remembered till date as the dynamic Sports Minister of the Vajpayee Govt. who brought the Common Wealth Games (CWG) to India
- Revival of Chandni Chowk through heritage conservation, museums, and cultural celebrations to promote local cuisines, art forms and traditions
- Campaigns for regularization of unauthorized colonies, rights of senior citizens, Bijli-Paani Andolan and lack of facilities in Delhi villages
- Restoration of Haveli Dharampura in old Delhi, which received Asia Pacific UNESCO award for cultural heritage conservation
- National Sports Talent Search Portal to tap the budding talent in sports which otherwise goes unnoticed
- 60,000+ participation in 12 Slum Yuva Daud to encourage youths of slums to pick sports as a profession
Study Of Forts;
Established a Toy Bank for Poor Children;
Photography: Held two photo-exhibitions; one on Village-life and second on nature, which were inaugurated by Vice President of India and LG of Delhi respectively.
One must appreciate how Vijay Goel is working so hard and looking out for all sports. One can feel the change. Best wishes!
Simply will appreciate Vijay Goel's working style, witnessed his personal attention to west Delhi - Paschim Vihar ppl even at late hours.
No cricket with Pak until terrorism stops, says sports minister Vijay Goel Finally! Kudos for a much needed call!
Vijay Goel is a national leader with wider vision and worked on the ground in Delhi.